Wednesday, August 22, 2007

HOUSTON.... WE HAVE A homestudy :-)

Well, I think we do! My social worker made the corrections and sent them back. She said she will meet with her program director to sign off on it (and get it notarized) and it's ALL OURS! So then we'll be mailing it off to USCIS! WAAAHHHH WHHHOOOOOO!

So, hopefully REAL SOON we'll get this out in the mail.
Our dossier is just waiting to be mailed as well. As soon as we get this homestudy, the dossier gets mailed into AGCI!

That should be my next post!

ALSO... We were just sitting at the kitchen table talking (the whole family) and we were talking about everyone's names. Avery asked what her name meant (it means Wise Counselor) and Aidan's name means Fiery. Addison's name means son of Adam (sorry Addison). She asked me about Abel's name. I told her his first name will be Joshua and I wasn't sure what it meant. I knew it had the same meaning as the name Jesus. So I looked it up and the definition was GOD RESCUES! How cool is that. So our little Joshua Abel has such a meaningful name. He will go by Abel (which I wrote about the meaning of that name in one of my very first posts).

4 comments:

Erica said...

HORRAY!! Praise the Lord!!!

Abby said...

Yeah! We are so anxious to begin ours, can't wait to be finished!!! The conversation that you had with your family is so precious!!! Thanks for sharing.

I'm friends with Cynthia C. and we go to church with the Beelers (I found your blog through Julie's). I just wanted to pop over & say "Hi." We homeschool too. It's our first year. :)

Do you care if I link to your blog?
Thanks,
Abby

Coming to Amharica said...

Thank goodness....I know how BIG it is to have the homestudy done. I think we're at the exact same place in this journey that you are, and we're using AGCI. I'll keep checking in on your progress....how exciting!!
Dee Dee

Anonymous said...

Yippee! I'm so happy for you guys!
Cynthia