Wednesday, August 8, 2007

WE HAVE NOW BEEN PRINTED! but no mug shots


Ted and I had a great time today in the car. We headed to Nashville (2 and 1/2 hours away) to have our finger prints done for the adoption. We had to have this done because we will be traveling out of the US to get baby Abel.
We had a productive time in the car (well, I did! - Ted had to drive). Our kids did not go with us since we didn't know what to expect or how long the wait would be. It was a great time for me to get A LOT done in the car. Tomorrow we have orientation for Thursday School (it's the homeschool co-op that I will be teaching at and Avery will be attending). So, I made lesson plans and a syllabus.
My friend, Angela, gave me the best gift! She gave me two boxes full of old magazine so I got to look at a hand full of FAMILY FUN (my ALL time favorite magazine!). If you don't know about it and you have kids... it is the greatest! I've never had a subscription to it... I just look at friend's copies ... SO WHAT A TREAT to get like 7 years worth of them. THANKS ANGELA! Also a big thanks to the Hornes (Angela, Samantha and Savanna) for keeping our kids today while we went to get fingerprinted.
While we were there (getting printed) we met a family that is adopting from Ethiopia as well. They had 2 boys and a girl and are adopting a girl from Ethiopia. We are the opposite. .. we have 2 girls and a boy and are adopting a boy. We exchanged information. Ted (my husband) is a pastor at Fellowship Bible Church Knoxville and they go to our sister church Fellowship Bible in Franklin.
Homestudy is locked in (that one is for you Julie)... it's at All God's Children waiting to be read. YIPPEEE!
Tomorrow I need to mail a paper back to CIS... I got a few things wrong on my test... I mean application. It felt like a test. I even sat and looked off of my neighbor's (Julie and I filled it out at the exact same time) paper. We both got the same ones wrong! OOPS. Thanks Cynthia for helping me to figure out what to put. Julie got hers back and we are hoping for her appointment for fingerprints any day now. She got her receipt like a week ago.... so any day now.
OH YEA... This is HUGE! An anonymous person gave us $1000 yesterday. WE ARE SO THANKFUL!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Yah..Fingerprints are done!

Yes, Josh is told often that he looks like Rob Bell and yes we know who Rob Bell is. :)

Ok...I think a road trip would be great or just a meeting would be great! I mapquested Knoxville to Oklahoma City and it is 12 hours! EEK! Are you guys close to Charlotte, NC? It would really be so fun to meet you and Julie!

Erica said...

Horray! Thats awesome! One step closer to little Abel.

I'm so excited for you!

Jesse and Amy said...

Just wanted to say Hi, and introduce myself. We are using AGCI as well & in the process of adopting from Ethiopia. We are now officially waiting for a referal! :) We live just outside of D.C. in northern Virginia..but my brother lives in Chattanooga...how far is that from Knoxville?

Looking forward to keeping up with your journey!
(if your interested our blog is http://rudyfam.blogspot.com)