Today 6 weeks waiting.

Yes this is suppose to be a 6. Use your imagination :-)
Yesterday was a difficult day... today much better.
What's new over here?
I laughed tonight because I saw a cookie on the kitchen counter that Avery (the oldest) has been eating for 2 days now. (It's just one cookie) She is SO the first born. Addie (youngest) on the other hand finished her cookie in record speed. She probably ate it before the main course.
We've been on a TV strike over here. The reason: kids coming in our room all hours of the night. Two nights ago I was getting kicked in the back by Addie and Avery was sleeping on the floor and I knew it was just a matter of time before Aidan was in the mix as well. Ted and I both are not getting full nights sleep. The next day I told the kids "no TV until you are sleeping through the night without coming into our room". Avery said "Mom, really?" I said "I like sleep as much as you like Hannah Montana... so, when I get sleep, you can watch a show". IT IS WORKING! We did an entire day with out TV yesterday... all of us. They slept through the night... YES! And we enjoyed our TVless day :-)
There is a group from our agency traveling to Ethiopia THIS FRIDAY! I am so excited for them!! I can't wait to hear reports and see pictures of them united with their children for the first time.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING :-)




7 comments:
Oh how well I know the longing for a referral. My heart is struggling with this wait as well. Each day when I get up I say "how 'bout today Lord" "today's a GREAT referral day". I'm thinking he just smiles and says not yet my child, not yet. Lord have mercy on my impatient soul. Praying for you as we learn to wait well.
i'm still hoping you get your referral before i leave...but even if you don't i'm still taking lots of pictures of all the kids, and so as soon as you find out i'll be able to forward them to you! isn't it exciting to think that your little one is most likely already at hannah's hope being loved on! so exciting!
Hi Tracie,
I like your tactic to get more sleep. I think my wait is not as difficult as yours since we're further back on the list, but as soon as you and the Beelers get a referral I'll be on pins and needles!!! For some reason I have Friday, December 7th pegged as our referral day. It just feels right?! Silly, I know. I will be checking in with the traveling families frequently to see their pictures. How amazing! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
About the shots....we called our local travel clinic, but our insurance was not going to cover it if we got our shots there. Instead we called the immunology department at our hospital, and we got all the shots that they recommended for Ethiopia. Luckily our insurance covered it all. We were told (don't know how much truth there is to this) that we must, if nothing else, get the yellow fever vaccination because once we get to Ethiopia if we don't have proof of having it they might make us get it in-country. We were told that they might not use new needles. I hate writing this because it sounds so dramatic (I hate drama!), but we aren't taking any chances. I haven't heard about others families getting shots, but again, we're not taking any chances.
So much to learn! I don't think I would have ever come up with that one...so glad it worked!! I need to keep a little book of all the things I'm learning before we actually have children! :) Happy Thanksgiving!
LOVE THE SIX! It's exciting to think you are moving up on the list! God's timing is ALWAYS PERFECT! We are so excited for you. It won't be long before you are bringing home Baby Abel!
that is an awesome idea!!! i have three kids in my bed on any given night.. I am soo going to try that.
Post a Comment