Thursday, December 20, 2007

I Need to Practice.... Can someone give me a baby...

My friend Christy is one of my heroes. The girl (ok... woman) has 5 kids. She is amazing. Such a servant's heart and is incredible at being a mom. Every time I am with her I take her littlest one, Sammy. I love this kids. Lately I've been practicing with him in the sling. I ordered a sling today from Hotslings.com. Christy has 3 slings and votes this one the best. She likes it because it doesn't give. Every time I have him in there he falls asleep. SO SWEET!

The funny thing is we've had 3 kids. I just forget how small they are. My arms ache to hold our baby boy!
Thanks Christy for letting me hold Sammy. What a precious baby!



Isn't he a doll?

8 comments:

Coming to Amharica said...

You've got to be kidding me! Do you know what my next post was going to be?!?!?

Long story short, my brother and his fiance bought us a BABY SLING and I was so excited I almost posted it on the blog!! They haven't physically given it to us, but he had me look at it online today. It's a different brand than yours (Moby Wrap) but cool just that same!

I'll post it sometime but now I'll just wait until I can be wearing it like you!!

:)
Dee Dee

emily said...

You look like a natural! I think it is like riding a bike:) It is amazing how quickly you forget just how little they are- I can't wait until you have little Abel in that sling.

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

I wish I had known...I could have gotten you the sling for 40% off....I sell them at the little maternity store that I am a manager at....it's called Pickles & Ice Cream (cute huh?!). HOTSLINGS are one of our biggest sellers...so you are going to LOVE it! I talked to Mitzi today...and she loves you!! Can't wait to meet.

Blessings,
Lindsey

Christie said...

Lordy, this is too cute!

(and the sling is not bad either!)

too cute...

stacnjul said...

Oh Tracie! I'm so excited for you, it was so great to talk to you!!! Your kids are beautiful!!!!
Blessings~ Julia

Michael and Michelle said...

I ended up at your family blog instead of your adoption blog.....anyway.....i read about Tim Hawkins! My husband and I love him!!!! We watch short clips of him on Godtube all the time. He is sooo funny. We hadn't watched the homeschool video yet...how funny!
I do have a question for you....is the sling better than the bjorn (in your opinion)?
Michelle

jill coen said...

Tracie, thanks for commenting on my blog. We are in Germany. My hubby is an Army Chaplain. I love your blog...have been following for a long time, but just never commented. Glad you found me. :) Merry Christmas!

Deedra Lynn said...

It's amazing how you forget, isn't it? We have 3, my youngest is almost 4 and now we are awaiting a court date for our 3-month old. I am trying to remember what's it's going to be like to have such a little one in the house again...exciting and terrifying all at the same time! :)