Friday, December 7, 2007

REFERRAL DAY

This is the day we've been waiting for.... WE HAVE SEEN OUR SON!

Today at 3pm I got a phone call from our agency. I just happened to be at Julie's store when my phone rang. I looked down and saw it was the NUMBER I LONGED TO SEE ON CALLER I.D. I answered my phone after gasping!!! It was Julie. She said "I have some good news to share with you. I have a baby boy to tell you about". She went on to tell me some information about him. The first thing she said was his name... I was blown away by his birth given name. IT MEANS HOPE! Then she told me his birthday. He was born on the day that my mom passed away (my mom died 5 years ago). I STARTED UGLY FACE CRYING at this point. We hung up shortly after and I called Ted (who was home with the kids) to tell him. I rushed home and Julie and Josh came with me :-)

Right when you hang up with the agency, they send you an e-mail with pictures and all the information about the baby. So, when I got home our whole family gathered around the computer to take our first glance at this sweet BABY He is the prettiest baby (I know boys are handsome but this baby is PRETTY!!!). His eyes, his skin... OH MY... get me on the next plane to Ethiopia!!!

My favorite moment was Aidan laying on the floor just looking through the pictures and studying little this precious baby's face. He was beaming with joy! The girls were excited too!!!





(I love how my face and Avery's face are doing the same thing :-)



Josh and Julie taking a peek :-)

So, now a new wait begins. We wait for our court date to go through... which will take a while! We won't even know when it happens. Our agency just calls us after it happens. They tell us to plan to wait 2 to 5 months for this next wait.

Right now I am just so excited to know what he looks like but I know the time will come when I am agonizing over this new wait.

I was talking to Suzi on the phone one day and she said that she had picked a date to say... I hope to get my referral by (and picked a date). So when we hung up I picked a date.... I thought I SO HOPE I GET IT BEFORE THIS but I chose my dad's birthday. My dad died 18 months before my mom. My dad's birthday is TOMORROW :-)

Again, HOW SWEET!!!

16 comments:

The Redman's said...

I love the pictures of you guys! Priceless! And... I can't stop staring at Abel. He's absolutely one of the most gorgeous (if not THE most gorgeous) baby boys I've ever seen!!! (besides my own, that is. :) )

Congrats Ancelet famiy!

-Suzi

Anonymous said...

i agree. He is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! i am soooo excited for you guys!!!!! God is sooooo GOOD!!!!!

love you

trac

Amy said...

He is so sweet faced and perfect!

Yah! Yah! Yah!

Love the pictures of you guys seeing him...Fun that Julie was there to be your photographer!
Hug Hug.

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

OK!! How super exciting! I want to see his face too!!!!!! We waited 8 weeks to for our referral and traveled less than 8 weeks later! I know some holidays might slow things up but there is no way you'll wait 5 months!
Smiles,
jen in mi

Teabo Chica said...

Oh My I am so excited for you...I love the part where you say UGLY FACE CRY, you know it girl, that the real one. YEAHQQQ

the Steiger's said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! It must have been a crazy afternoon at your household. I still remember when we got the call. We are so happy for you. We are from NH and waiting for a court date. Hope it start moving quicker as we have been waiting for a while.
Lenka
http://thesteigerclan.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Congrats! So excited for you all!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm freaking out excited for you guys. I've been following your blog for a long time and feel like I know you. I sat, with my husband, reading your blog crying last night. I can't wait until you can show pictures.
I can't wait for it to be my turn!!
Michelle

Stacie said...

Oh - I have chills! (The happy kind!) Congratulations to you all!!

Coming to Amharica said...

I'm in shock! Congratulations! I can't express in words how happy I am to hear about your referral. We'll pray that you move quickly through court. I wish I could give you a great big hug!

Dee Dee

Stephanie said...

Oh my!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Five weeks old?!! Oh my, he's just a little peanut. I love the name Abel!!

demp5 said...

AAHHHH!! I am so happy and excited for you all! I can not wait to see pictures of little Abel - can you bring them to church tomorrow? Praising God with you ~
Meghan

Erica said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting!! I can't wait to see pics and I'm just THRILLED for your sweet family.

Jocelyn said...

Congratulations!! I can't wait to see his beautiful face:-)

Rebecca said...

I am so excited for you guys!! I love the pictures of you looking at Baby Abel - too cute!!

LISA said...

YAYYYY!!! CONRATULATIONS!!!