I got a call today (this sounds like I got a referral... haha) at 1pm. It was a hysterical friend screaming "It's a GIRL!". After a VERY SHORT CONVERSATION... we were jumping in the car to drive to Maryville (which is about 25 minutes away). My kids and I were all in our PJs (yes, at 1pm but that is one of the perks of homeschooling). So, we got dressed and I was frantic looking for the camera... it was right in front of my face. Then I didn't have enough gas in the car to make it to Maryville. So, after stopping at Weigels and trying 3 different pumps... FINALLY I got gassed up and we got there as fast as possible. I wondered if I could put on my hazards to get their faster... (in my mind... "Yes, officer... my friend... just had a baby... No, I'm not headed to the hospital, no.. she's not having a home birth... She is pulling her baby up on the computer!! I HAVE TO GET THERE!). So I went the speed limit. Avery warned Aidan and Addie to make sure their belts were fastened CORRECTLY. I laughed.
Anywho... I got to Julie's mom's house and saw SUCH A PRECIOUS BABY GIRL! She is adorable. I can't believe how beautiful she is. SO SWEET!
CONGRATS JOSH AND JULIE! (and Margo and Rick too - the grandparents)

Monday, December 17, 2007
JOSH AND JULIE .... IT'S A GIRL!!!
Posted by A Team at 6:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
I was cracking up at your summary of getting to Maryville! Too funny! How exciting that you got to be part of TWO amazing referrals in just 10 short days (I know it wasn't SHORT in Julie's eyes.)
Awesome!
Dee Dee
p.s. What's the print on the shirt you're wearing with Julie. What I can see of it resembles Amharic?! Is it?
Oh happy day!!! Praying for quick court dates and passing and an AWESOME Addis meet up! A girl can dream right?!? I agree - CUTEST girl!! Abel is going to have a playmate!!! How exciting!
What a great story you both have to share with your kids! You were there for each other from the very beginning:)
That is so awesome!!!!!! Maybe you will get to travel together after all!!!!! Let's hope so!!!!
Can you believe how this has worked out for both of you!!! God is Good! Now it's my turn to live "vicariously" through you and Julie. Keep us all posted.
Do you know about how long the first court date usally takes??
I can't wait until both of you will be able to post baby pictures!
Have fun!
Michelle
HOW FUN??!! One of my best friends and her husband (they go to Guatemala with us and have started a ministry to the orphans there) have just started going to Fellowship Knoxville....Y'ALL HAVE TO MEET!! They are Shane and Mitzi McBride. They have two little kiddos. I will hopefully come to Knoxville soon...and we can all hang out. I am so excited for y'all. I grew up with the Wright family...they go to Fellowship. Anyways, small world. Thanks for your comments. BE PRAYING FOR US TOMORROW!!
Blessings,
Lindsey Wheeler
www.thewheelerjourney.blogspot.com
Hip, hip, hooray - so excited for your friends. Now Abel has a wife ;)
Meghan
You're so cute. Thanks for the comment. And hello! Big ol' congratulations on your referral! It's always a drag when agencies won't let families post the referral pictures (well, a drag for the blog stalking community anyway). I'm sure he's an absolute beauty. I have so many more families I need to be adding to my blog roll! We'll be following along as your story unfolds.
arranged marriage in the future??? :)
You guys always put a smile on my face!!! What an amazing journey to be on together!!! Here's to a SHORT wait for a court date and travel date!! Ours was a little over a month... but later I was told that was really quick! Quick would be GREAT!!!
-Suzi
Post a Comment