Enat Alam is one of the local orphanages in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Abel spent some time at one of the locations of Enat Alam. There are two different locations. On the second day we visited one of the sites and on the last day, we visited the site where Abel was.
These pictures are from the first location.
This little girl grabbed onto my legs and we just swayed and held onto each other. (I showed this picture in an earlier post).
The kids love having their pictures taken. We would take their pictures and then show them the camera so they could see what they looked like.

How precious is this little girl.The kids all sang songs in Amharic. It was so sweet to hear.

That is Julie Salwasser in this picture. She's only the best case worker in the WORLD! She loves orphans in a BIG way! Did I mention how amazing I think All God's Children International is? That is the agency we used and I would use them over and over again! I can't recommend them more highly!These are pictures from the second location (I believe it's an older location). This is the one our Abel was at. The guy on the far left.. his name is Tesfaye. He is the one who taught me how to say it correctly. I was saying "Tes-fI" - with a long i - and he said it is "Tes-fI (long i) - e (short e)"


The orphanage director is amazing! He remembered Tesfaye "Abel". The kids would all run to him when he came into the orphanage. He seems so loved and he seems so loving!




8 comments:
I love these pictures! What an amazing adventure I am so excited for you!
Check out our fundraiser!
Since you are into shirts...you might like my fundraiser!
http://rogersadoptionstory.blogspot.com/
I love all the pics! Those sweet children and their sweet songs... so special.
PS- the blog is working so much better now. Maybe it's the new layout? before I'd have to click on the title in the archives in order for it to load. Now it pops up like it's supposed to... and it's so cute :) thanks for blogging.
Love the new layout!
Eeeeek! I LOVE IT! Could Abel be any cuter? I think not! Thanks for sharing; I so enjoy reading your journey in Ethiopia!
Blessings!
I almost couldn't read the text because I am strugglin' with some serious blog envy. Thou shall not covet friends awesome new blog~~
Did you get my message today?
I love these pictures. My husband and I recently got our referral and we're so ready to go to Ethiopia. I hope we can visit several orphanages while we're there. :)
We are leaving in 12 days to pick up our girls at Enat Alem. I was looking to see if they were in your pics!
Enat Alem is such a special place! And, we loved the director, too. What a sweet and kind man! Thanks for the pics!
Post a Comment