Monday, March 10, 2008

I have a new HERO... his name is Benjamin

Who is Benjamin? He is the man who works at Children's Hospital in the blood lab. This morning we had to take Abel to have his blood taken (just normal tests). I heard from a friend who also adopted, that it was not an easy thing to draw blood from a baby. Well, I learned that SHE WAS RIGHT! First, a woman came in and tried. Poor Abel, he cried and cried. She then said "I am gonna get someone who is a pro". THANK YOU! In comes Benjamin. He has worked at Children's for 15 years. He looks at Abels arm. Abel was just looking up at his glasses... then in goes the needle and NO CRYING.. AT ALL. And then the blood starts coming out (sorry for the details) and he filled 3 viles. Then he poked Abel's finger and got some more blood (this time.. HE CRIED).

My favorite thing... as he is looking at Abel's arm he said "these veins are so tiny... please pray"... we took him very SERIOUSLY.. I started praying... Ted started praying (not out loud) and when the blood came out... I WAS BEYOND GRATEFUL TO JESUS! and I was so thankful that Benjamin said that!!! THANK YOU LORD!

So... now Abel is so worn out from his morning, he slept through his lunch feeding.

OH... I posted on JULIE and JOSH'S BLOG! MAYA is in her mommy and daddy's arms! ANOTHER PRAISE TO THE LORD

8 comments:

Kelly Stockwell said...

Hey, its Kelly from church again! I loved this story...I am a phlebotomist and actually worked at Children's with Ben for a year. He is my hero, too!!!! He was one of my trainers. Its neat to see the experience through someone else's eyes! I am glad that God answered your prayers and Ben was able to get it...he is the best they have!

Tara said...

Ooooh, poor little dear!! But how muich do you love Benjamin right now?? I hope we have a Benjamin when Malak needs his blood taken... :)

The Gresham Clan said...

How wonderful - pokes are no fun! What a blessing that Benjamin was there and God answered your prayer through him. I still can't get over how darn cute Abel is! Yeah for Julie, Josh and Maya!
Kristin

Erica said...

Poor poor Abel - Praise the Lord for Ben! I'm so glad to hear about miss Maya being held by her mommy and daddy. YEAH!

Laurzie said...

Love that guy! Wow, we've experienced some very bad blood draws, so I know you must have felt like planting a big kiss on his cheek afterwards. That's so great!

The Gresham Clan said...

Hey Tracie,

Is there any way I can get your email address by this evening? I have a quick question for you... Thanks - if it doesn't work that's ok :)! Talk soon.
Kristin

The Gresham Clan said...

Thank you!! I sent an email :)! Talk soon...
Kristin

Jen said...

OH,my! I'm totally crying. I still haven't taken Dene back in for his blood draws. That's exactly what they said about his viens' "very tiny". Could you send this guy Benjamin to Seattle for us?!!