Thursday, January 10, 2008

A little news....

Well... we did not make it in the next travel group... We found out on Tuesday that we are the 6th family in line to travel and 4 to 6 families go to Ethiopia at a time. I thought we were further back then that so NATURALLY I got excited thinking WE COULD go on this trip. The next trip will be at the end of Jan beginning of Feb. I was so torn because I always saw our family traveling with the Beelers. .... but the thought of having our baby boy HOME was amazing!
I called our agency, AGCI, yesterday and asked our case worker, Julie, to call me or e-mail me either way. I got an e-mail today saying... You are not in this group but will be in the next. So, another month to wait to hold our son.
I honestly was completely at peace when I read the e-mail. I have really been focusing on the Lord's prayer where it says... Thy will be done on EARTH as it is in HEAVEN. I also am trying to trust in the Lord's plan and I KNOW that HIS WILL WILL PREVAIL! So... I accept. My heart though is sad that we won't be holding him sooner. I am just thrilled and humbled to be on this journey.

14 comments:

obligato said...

I know my friend! I know! I am torn b/c i wanted you to be able to hold him too while be with me! Who knows! I just know i love u!

Michael and Michelle said...

So now that you aren't on the next trip does that mean maybe you and the Beelers will be going together?? No court date yet?
Can't wait to hear any new news!!!
Michelle

Erica said...

I'm so sad for you and Julie BUT this does mean that WE might be in Ethiopia together!!!! So does this mean you passed court?!

Farrah said...

Hello I came across your blog through another...

Would you mind sharing your good and bad experiances with your agency with me. We are just beginning and I would love to hear more.

adoptingmom29@yahoo.com

Rebecca said...

So sad that you aren't traveling for another month! But, I'm so glad you are at peace with it! We'll be praying for you guys!

The Redman's said...

I'm sorry that you aren't traveling with the next group... you sounded so excited yesterday at the thought of traveling sooner than expected... but... what amazing peace God has given you. Your time will come very soon and Abel will be in your arms... and you'll instantly forget ALL of this agony!

Blessings to you!
xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Tracie... I believe Amy R. tried to connect us, but I've misplaced your contact information. I think you have photos of me holding your son while I was in ET at Hannah's Hope (we adopted 2 little boys)! I'd love to be in touch & am keeping you in my prayers. Kim (ckmckearnan@comcast.net)

emily said...

I'm sad for you but trusting in His sovereign plan. I know you can't wait to get your hands on Abel:)

Hope you and Ted had fun on your date!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Trac... i know your disappointed.

It was so good to talk to you yesterday during my "illegal expedition."

I am praying that this next month flies by... and, how much fun will it be to get to travel with Julie??!!

Talk to ya soon....

Anonymous said...

Maybe God is planning your travel with Julie.

Christie said...

Well, I guess the good news to take away is that surely you're next?!?!?!

Hang tight - you're soooo close!

emily said...

Well Miss fancy pants with the new look on her blog!! When did you figure this out? Hope you are having a great weekend. Miss you.

Erica said...

Well well there little blog-over-achiever! I like it! Praying for you as you wait in Gods perfect timing. I am happy to hear you and Julie will be able to travel together though. AND you'll be travelling at the same time as us!

obligato said...

yes but then we took it down so we can put it in the washing machine so its all clean for little maya. so i was figuring out my schedule for the baby. What is the latest time in the morning i can WAKE her up??? :)