Thursday, January 24, 2008

Little Project

This is not quite what I had invisioned. I really wanted to get the willow tree where they are standing up holding the baby but I found this one instead. I painted the face of the baby... not an original idea. I actually saw this on a blog (I can not remember who's it was). I LOVED the idea and have wanted to do it ever since.

We are still waiting to hear about court. Tomorrow marks 8 weeks since we got our referral. We are waiting and trying our hardest to trust! There is so much to learn while waiting.




12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!! I love it!! Praying for you and your court day.

The Redman's said...

OH- How I was/am hoping for news this week!!!!!!!! We got news of a travel date 9 weeks after our referral. It was a LONG 9 weeks! Praying right along with you!

I LOVE the figurine.

xoxoxo

Michael and Michelle said...

What a good idea! I been trying to find "transrecial" art. I haven't had any luck. I guess we all will have to make our own.
You could make some "transracial" stationary.
Michelle

Anonymous said...

I love how you made the figurine YOURS! If you go to www.willow-tree-angel.com, you can find the standing one too. We have one like yours - it was a gift we treated ourselves to when our case was finally approved by PGN in 12/06. Praying for good news SOON. Julie W.

Erica said...

Love it! I collect Willow Tree figurines - I haven't found JUST the one yet though for our little guy. I LOVE yours!

demp5 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
demp5 said...

OOHH! I love the Willow Tree family! I have never seen that one. What a great idea! I found the verse in Habakkuk a couple of weeks ago, and I taped it to my cabinet and added it to my blog. I have to keep it before me at all times :)

John and Heather said...

Love the Willow Tree! I can't believe it has been 8 weeks already; it went really fast for me:) Your travel news will come very soon! Thinking about you as you wait!

Blessings,
Heather

stacnjul said...

How sweet is that! Where did you find it? I think that would be a fun project to do with the kids:) You are in our prayers, I know it is hard to wait! We waited almost 6 months because we did everything backwards, talk about learing to wait on God's time:)! I do pray it will be soon though!

jill coen said...

I ordered hubby one for Valentine's day. Ahhh! What kind/color paint did you use?
jill :)

emily said...

Precious!! This is the week- I just FEEL it my friend.

Having a good weekend?

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

That is adorable....maybe I could make the baby a little lighter brown for my little Guatemalan cutie pie!!