Saturday, January 5, 2008

WE ARE PAINTING!

ABEL'S BEDDING CAME IN!!! I was so excited yesterday when the FedEx trucked dropped off Abel's bedding. I felt a PROJECT coming on. ..... Charlotte and I went to Lowe's last night and got the bedding color matched. Then we came home and painted these big stripes on the wall. Abel is gonna have a nursery area in our basement but his real room is with Aidan. They have bunk beds :-) So he has two beds in our house right now and he's all the way in ET.

Ted is the bomb.com... he put together the crib, fixed up the bedding, helped paint... what a guy!




Finished product!

15 comments:

snaphorse said...

Tracie,

The painting looks awesome! What a blessed little boy!

Patti

The Redman's said...

love the "room"!!! Great colors!! And the blanket and album.... too sweet! Are you guys and the Beelers pictures in each others albums for the babies? :) ... maybe hinting to the special mothers to keep Abel and Maya close to each other. hee hee

-Suzi

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the room!!!! I can't believe you painted that.....amazing!!! The bedding looks perfect with it too. Glad you had so much fun doing it!!! Hope y'all are having a fun weekend!

Love,
Lindsey

emily said...

LOVE, LOVE the stripes! Abels room rocks:) He is going to love it! Now I know what you have been doing- Hope you are enjoying the weekend. It is gorgeous here.

emily said...

I really did my post without reading the amazing Lindsey Wheeler's post first:) Looks like plagerism, but it isn't-- honest!

Anonymous said...

Love the room. How exciting to be sending your first package to your baby boy. He will look at mommy, daddy, and brothers for the first time.

Coming to Amharica said...

Looks great, Tracie! So glad to hear that you are a project girl too. We had lunch with some Ethiopian adoptive families today, and it was wonderful! I felt such a bond and peaceful feeling with all the families. I love the adoption community, don't you?! Just thought I'd share. -DD

Amy said...

cuteness.
Love the room.
Impressive paint job.
Stripes are very intimidating to me...

Sweet Abel will love your package...he can look at your sweet faces!

Umm..pretty sure you called Ted the bomb.com
That is just funny. :)

Erica said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE Abels room! SUPER cute!

About Emailing posts.....so another great blogger gal posted about how to send posts to your blog via email. Way cool stuff! So I tested it and it worked!

If you go to your settings and then email - you make an email address and then send an email to that address and it will show up on your blog! The email subject becomes the title and everything in the body becomes the post. If you have spam along with your emails put a # at the end and it will snip all that off. Try it sam I am try it you'll see - you'll like it!

jill coen said...

Love it! Great job!! Those stripes are a huge accomplishment...so perfect.
jill :)

stacnjul said...

Tracie, you need to come help me paint!!! Great job, it looks beautiful. ~Julia

Bloggin' Robin said...

Looks great!! Yeah!! Yeah, you did get lots done yesterday! You are so blessed! Cute idea with the package! Looking forward to some time with you tomorrow night - I'll be asking you to rate everything on a scale of 1-10...then I will assess if it is a comfortable, critical, or crucial need...then I will be thinking of a question to force you to dig deeper - Ha! Tell your hubby I had my listening ears on for his equipping session! Seriously, I think Reid is going to ask for his notes. We talked about it the car-ride home! Happy anniversary again - 11 minutes too late!! I'm going to bed!

Bloggin' Robin said...

Oh, you forgot to mention Abels' NEW DRESSER!! You know the one that your sweet friends stored in their garage!? It will look great with the stripes!! Hee-hee!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!!!!! In fact, I have a blank nursery just down the hall with your name on it!!!!

Jesse and Amy said...

i love it! it looks so great!