We decided to tell our homestudy agent we were ready and China is where we were going to adopt from. So she told me the first thing we needed to do was decide on an agency. So I got excited and started that day looking while Ted was at work. I realized that we did not qualify for China adoption. We did not make enough money. They required the family to make a certain amount of money each year and to have a certain amount of assets as well. I called the agencies to see how much of a "hard rule" this was. After talking to the first one, I realized .... the door is SHUT to China. He said their government is very strict with these requirements. So I knew... the door was closed.
When we decided about China, I shared with a few friends... one of my friends, Julie, sent me an e-mail and said she had just met a lady that day at the pool who had adopted 3 children... 2 from Guatemala and one little girl from Ethiopia. She said that she fell in love with her story and that she used the adoption agency, All God's Children.
When I realized the door closed to China, I saw this e-mail as a new door opening and decided to look into the agency, All God's Children. When I went to their website, I was awe struck by the beauty of the children from Ethiopia. I shared this with Ted that night and he too agreed.
I called Julie the next day and told her about China and asked her if she knew the lady's name that she met at the pool. She said "no, but she could find out". That same day I talked to the Homestudy agent and told her that we were researching Ethiopia. I told her my findings with China and that my friend met someone who adopted from Guatemala and China and she was finding out her name for me. My homestudy agent said "Oh, that's Stacy". She knew exactly who my friend Julie was talking about. I was so excited. I looked up Stacy's number and made a call!
Sunday, July 1, 2007
CHINA IT IS! (not)
Posted by A Team at 5:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment