That is what I keep telling myself... HAVE PATIENCE. I get a lesson in patience daily raising three children but this is one more HUGE lesson... the adoption process. Who knew you had to do SO MUCH! I knew it would be a hard process but I didn't know how much I would be getting a lesson in patience.... daily.
We went yesterday for our home study interview. It went really well. We really like Mary and she seemed to really like us as well. Next Tuesday, she comes for the home visit. I am excited about that. While she is here, she is going to do her interview with me. We had to write an autobiography and she has read that and will ask questions. She will then make an appointment with Ted and meet with him. It should take about 6 weeks or so and our home study will be complete.
I am waiting right now on my birth certificate to come in so that I can send in my i600 (and more money :-) to Memphis so they will send back a time for us to go and have our finger prints taken in Nashville. We have to drive out to Nashville to do that... why, not sure but it's part of the process. Then once our home study is done, we can hopefully get our Dossier in. I have no idea what all that will take but I know it's a lot of work. I have to get all kinds of documents notarized and more! I will have a meeting hopefully tomorrow to talk with my adoption agency about that. Tonight, we get our hour long orientation by phone.
I bought this little angel as a reminder of what God has called us to. To pray, be patient and most of all TO TRUST HIM!
Our whole family (the Ancelet 5) have been talking about this baby like it's a boy. So Ted and I talked and we just feel so strongly about adding a baby boy to our family. So I e-mailed my agency and asked if it was too late to request a boy and she said "not at all". So it looks like the baby is going to be a BOY! We are pretty sure his name will be Joshua Abel Ancelet (there will probably be a birth name in there as well, after the name Abel. He will be called his "birth given name" until we go to get him. We will call him Abel.) I think about him all the time. Ted and I both can't wait to have him in our lives and most of all in our arms!
Thank you so much for your prayers and for your friendship in all of this!





2 comments:
I just wanted to say congratulations on starting this journey. My husband and I have a 9 week old baby girl waiting for us at Hannah's Hope Ethiopia and hopefully we'll be traveling in the next few weeks to pick her up!! All God's Children is a great agency. Good Luck. If you have any questions, feel free to email me: suzi_little@hotmail.com
-Suzi
Ohhhhh I am a strong lover of the sweet Ethiopian baby BOYS! Thats real exciting to have made that decision...now you can pray for him by name and talk about him by name! Thats fun stuff! That little angel is really sweet too.
P.S. L-O-V-E the name Abel....really cute.
Post a Comment