Monday, July 16, 2007

What a day!

Today was one of those CRAZY paper work days. I went to the bank (twice). I went to Ted's office (because the guy next door is a notary - he wasn't there). I went down town to the country clerk's office and was in three different offices before I found the right one. I went to Wal-mart and Sams (not adoption related), and went to the post office (not in that order at all). WHAT A DAY! My kids were great through all of it. Addie and Avery were just with me this morning because Ted went on a "guys" morning out with Aidan. Then this afternoon we picked up Savanna (who is a precious 7th grader that goes to our church) and she came with me to run errands. WHAT A HELP SHE IS. At the post office when I was mailing 3 VERY important documents, Addie decided to have a melt down. Savanna was quick... she said let's play a game. So they all looked at her and she had their attention (way to go Savanna - and THANK YOU!).

Got home to take a quick breath before Bible study started (with my college girls) and went to check the mail. I don't know WHO you are but THANK YOU for the gift of $200. SO APPRECIATED! (I checked the mail and there was a card there with money in it). Last night we were given $250 as well. The Lord is providing. We have a friend that wants to do a garage sale as well on our behalf. Ted and I both are so grateful!

Avery tells everyone she meets "We are getting a baby from Ethiopia". Every time we get in the car to run an "Adoption errand". Aidan says "are we going to get the baby?" and Addie doesn't really have a clue. I was holding my friend Betsy's new born baby (it's her 6th baby by the way) on Saturday and Addie said "Momma, put that baby down". SO CUTE.... she has a while to get use to the idea :-) OH THE TIME it takes to walk through this.

So... off in the mail today was my I600a form, my notarized power of attorney (that was also county certified and now has to be state certified... can you get a more REAL document than that?? Well, I guess so... eventually the whole Dossier will be Country certified). I also sent our orientation document back to the agency.

Tomorrow's to do list... you ask? (o.k. so you didn't... I'm more doing this for me ;-)
We go get our physicals, we have a stack of papers to be notarized, and WE HAVE OUR HOME VISIT from our home study agent. BIG DAY, YOU THINK?

--- here's a cute story for me to finish this with. My new friend Stacy was telling me her little boy (who she adopted from Guatemala was watching her put coconut oil on her baby girl, Liyah's hair (Liyah is from Ethiopia - check out her picture - in an older post). ANYWAY.... her little boy said "Momma, she look like chocolate, but she smell like coconut". Is that not the cutest thing you have ever heard?

0 comments: