Sunday, July 1, 2007

Seeds of HOPE

Ted and I have always known we would want to one day adopt. I can't remember the exact time we first talked about it but we've always said "One day we'll adopt". When we started having babies almost 7 years ago, we had no idea that I would have high risk pregnancies. After three c-sections, and prayer and several Doctor recommendations, we had my tubes tied. We knew that we wanted our family to continue to grow....
I guess about 2 years ago, the Lord really started preparing our hearts for it. I was watching Adoption stories on TLC one day and watched a family adopt from Guatemala. I wondered if they suffered from infertility but then realized they had 3 children and were adopting this child to be their 4th. I was crying watching the story and knew one day, that would be us. Then, another time, we were given tickets to a Steven Curtis Chapman concert and were blown away by his Shoshanna's Hope presentation. I felt like again, the Lord was reminding us how this would one day be a part of our lives. I then began meeting people and hearing their adoption stories... each story would touch my heart in such a way that I knew we were to do this.
About a year or so ago I saw a girl at the park with a Texas shirt on pushing a stroller and when I looked down and saw her baby, I knew she had adopted her. She was a beautiful little girl from Liberia. I asked her her story and she shared it with me. We exchanged e-mail addresses and she gave me the name of her homestudy agent. She was very encouraging and I held on to that e-mail address and the HOPE that this was coming soon down the road for us.

0 comments: