Sunday, July 1, 2007

Who knew...

Who knew there were so many decisions to make... OH MY! Can we say OVERWHELMING! I started imaging these children as part of our family and just wanted to find out all the information I could. I spent several hours talking to different women who had adopted. I was taking notes, asking questions, taking more notes. We still were not sure where we'd adopt from. There was also this HUGE OBSTACLE of the cost as well. We just feel like we are suppose to do this - regardless of cost. We do not have any debt (other than cars and house) and we know it sounds crazy to do this but we just know we are suppose to!
About a year and a half ago I met this precious lady at a Pastor's wives round table. Her name is Denise. Denise and her husband adopted two beautiful girls from China. Most of all she encouraged me telling me... don't let the money it costs stop you... GOD WILL PROVIDE. She shared her story with me the first time we met and then when we met again, I was able to ask her a lot more questions. After the second Pastor's Wives retreat I went to, we ended up spending a weekend with Denise and her family in Atlanta where she lives. We went to Six Flags and stayed with them. We were able to meet her girls and all the more fell in love with the idea of adoption. After coming home and doing more research we decided to look into China. We prayed that God would lead the way and show us where to go. We felt like China was a good starting place. The wait for China is like 2 years. We weren't crazy about that. Then, we found out that the travel time was 2 weeks. We would have to go to China for 2 weeks. I wasn't sure how I felt about leaving Avery, Aidan and Addie for that long. We decided to start the process... HERE WE GO!!!

0 comments: