Sunday, July 1, 2007

Sweet GIFTS from the Lord

I thought these things were SO COOL so I wanted to share!!

Polly Parnell (a student from Texas that Ted and I were real close to when we lived there and still talk to often)... well, her and I were talking online and I told her about Ethiopia. She told me she knew missionaries that lived there. So I asked her how she knew them. She said she went to church with them years ago but they have been in Ethiopia for 10 years now. He is a teacher at a seminary and she teaches in a missionary school there. I asked her where and she said "Addis Ababa". Ethiopia is a country and I have no idea what is where. I got on line to see where Hannah's Hope is in Ethiopia and it's in Addis Ababa. So I got contact information from Polly and have e-mailed this couple. I have not heard back from them yet but I am so excited to ask them about the area. Ted was even saying.... how cool would it be if we could partner with them in the future for mission trips and to help the orphanage and the children there.
I love the way God works!

Ted and I have been talking about names for a baby. We said on the application that we would take either a boy or a girl. Stacy and Tom told us that you usually have to wait longer for a girl so it might would be a boy that we get. I know that we couldn't choose if we were pregnant so we thought we'd leave it up to the Lord for this as well. We decided on a girl's name (Andie Charlotte Ancelet) but were talking about a boy's name. We decided on Joshua Abel Ancelet. We would call him Abel. So, after our conversation, I looked up the meaning of the name Abel. The meaning is "BREATH". I didn't think much about it... but then the next day while I was doing my Bible study I read this...
(from Beth Moore's Living Free study) Pg 40
Second Corinthians 4:13 says, "It is written: 'I believed; there I have spoken.' With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak."
If you are in Christ, you have been given that "same spirit of faith." The original word for spirit is literally translated "BREATH". When you speak God's word out loud with confidence in Him - rather than your own ability to believe--you are breathing faith. Believing and speaking the truth of God's Word is like receiving CPR from the Holy Spirit.

----------
Isn't that incredible?!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Ted and Tracie, I am beyond excited for you guys on this beautiful journey! I love you guys so much and will be praying along with everyone. The whole story sounds fantastic and blessed!!! :)

Love,
Alex