Friday, July 20, 2007

Funny story....

Yesterday Ted had his interview with our homestudy agent, Mary. So in one of my last posts, I mentioned how Johnny was thinking of something he could do to embarrass Ted since the interview took place at the church office where Ted works. So, Ted and Mary are sitting in the conference room and Johnny knocks on the door and says "Hey Ted, your parole officer is on line 1". WHAT A FUNNY GUY! Ted said Mary's eyes got kind of big and then Johnny said "I'm just kidding".
Johnny - YOU MESS WITH THE BULL YOU GET THE HORNS! We are plotting our way to get you back :-)
This is a picture from last summer of us with the Mazons. This is Johnny and Becky. Johnny is our prankster friend. We have known the Mazons for 6 years. We met them in Texas and followed them to Tennessee :-)



So, we are finished with all of our homestudy stuff. We just have a few more letters to get to Mary from our references. We had to order some books to read...those are on the way. I am thinking in a few weeks, we should be able to send it in. We are finished getting all of our Dossier paperwork done... we are just waiting on our state certified letter. We have to print our pictures and tomorrow I am having a few documents notarized. SO.... moving right a long. People keep saying... this is moving so fast. Well, we are getting our paper work done fast but there will come a time of just waiting. and waiting. and waiting. SO... I am so ready to get this part finished to begin the wait. I would rather the ball be in someone else's court because I have plenty to do to fill my time.
Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I am going to be one of those people who says things are moving quickly because it seems like they are! This may be because I only recently started getting to know you and follow your story...but to me it seems like your stuff is moving fast! It took me FOREVER to get our dossier papers together...props to you. :)

Oh, and a very funny story indeed.

obligato said...

Listen, i miss u today a lot. today was a hard day for me! my home study didnt make it to agci and they arent getting to home studies until next week...anyway thats not why it was hard. I miss my baby and want to hold him/her so bad! :(

Erica said...

Way to go! Thats so exciting! We are at just about the same point. I found your blog through Julie. Not sure how she found me but its exciting to see God work in so many peoples lives at all the same time and in many of the same ways. I look forward to following your story.

Jana said...

hey--I just found your blog! my husband and I are adopting from E., too. And in an extremely bizarre turn of events, I actually know Johnny Mazon. I went to high school with him--I was a year younger--not like we were BFF or anything. :) Yikes! Crazy!