I was visiting with a friend this morning over coffee.... ok, I had a Dr. Pepper and a bagel (I am a coke drinker... just want to pledge my love for coke. They had Pepsi products and so I drank the pepper). I was telling her I felt like I had a week off from adoption this week. There is nothing really that I can do. I am reading these books recommended by our agency. I am reading one and Ted is reading another. We sent some papers to our home study agent yesterday. That should be it as far as paper work goes with her. I have to go back and get my criminal record again (or lack there of since I don't have a record). I'm gonna do that Friday but it's for my Dossier which I feel like I have a lot of time to work on (but that will be the last of that paper work as well).. because I will be waiting for our CIS approval. Which I got my receipt for that and learn that it takes about 2 months once our home study is turned in. So.... waiting, waiting and waiting.
This is how I fill my time while I wait....
- Starting Avery early with home school. We are getting ahead in reading because I know me and on those pretty Fall days, we'll be outside!
- Gearing up to teach 3 classes at the home school co-op (http://www.thursdayconnection.org/)
- Tickling Aidan. He is the best laugher when he is tickled. I can not resist! (This is Aidan with Janie... just thought his expression was perfect to show what I mean by his laughing!)
- Trying to do transformers... there really is "more than meets the eye" because you have to have a doctorate to figure those stinkin' things out. Aidan LOVES transformers. Thankfully we don't have any but a friend does and I sat with that thing and I felt like it made the Rubik Cube look like a walk in the park.
- Helping Addie with her dress up clothes. She just walked out of here in a snow white dress. She loves to dress up. (This is a picture of Addie as Cinderella.)
- taking my kids to the pool. They are little fish. I was honored to teach Avery to swim last year at a friend's pool and this year it is Aidan. Addie is all about the ring float and I am glad! She was so fearful of the water at the beginning of the summer. (Here is Addie ready to swim!)
- Meeting with College students. I love to be with them! I just finished a 6 week Bible study last night with 5 girls. I've met with them for about a year now (with some breaks here and there). One of the girls is missing from this picture. (Janie, Kristin, Me, Charlotte and Maggie on bottom... Kristin Lusby is missing)
- explaining spiritual things to my daughter. She got baptized this past weekend (http://www.theanceletfamily.blogpsot.com/). She is FULL of questions. GOOD ONES. We see such conviction in her. Some of those questions I say "go ask your daddy". She is challenging me... which is SO good. She is a DEEP thinker. Yes, she is only 6. HELP ME LORD! (More pictures on the family blog)
-With friends! I love hanging out with people.
(Our friends the Mazons have a boat and they have been so gracious to take us out on it several times this summer. It's a blast!)
- Missing my parents. They both passed away (my mom 4 years ago and my dad 6 years ago). I wish I could tell them every detail about us paper chasing this precious little Ethiopian baby boy. I also wish I could just get a hug from my mom. I miss her so much! Each big thing that comes and goes in our life I grieve their absence.
(This is a picture of a picture... it's kind of blurry. This was taken on our wedding in January of 1996.)
-Trying my best to learn new things! Whether it's adoption or studying the Bible or reading... I've been challenged by this great guy I know (named Ted :-).... it was a good challenge and I long to be a person who takes on a challenge!
o.k. - I could keep going but I have to GO!
Ancelet - OUT!
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Nothing new....
Posted by A Team at 6:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Love the pictures...
Post a Comment