I would love advice from experienced ET travelers.
Here's what I'd like to know:
1. What did you wish you would have known?
2. What do you wish you would have brought?
3. What are you SO GLAD you brought?
4. Did you over pack/under pack?
5. What did you pack that you totally could have done with out?
LET ME HAVE IT!
and
THANK YOU!
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Advice?
Posted by A Team at 8:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
A week wow...how exciting! We will be praying for yout travel. Can't wait to see pictures!
Hi Tracie -
Haven't traveled yet, but one thing I WILL be taking based on so many others' blog comments about morning "noise" will be ear plugs to hopefully dull the sounds of morning prayer from the mosques. I'm actually very excited to hear it, but if I'm way sleep-deprived, the ear plugs might take the edge off so I can get a few extra moments of sleep. Also, a sleep mask for the plane. It's small, and I figure anything I can do to tune out noise/light to try to catch some sleep would be good. I'm very committed to not getting sick while there!
Liz Lyons
hey girl--
I am so excited for you! I wanted to let you know that little Abel's face has been terrific inspiration for me to get on the ball. Thanks so much for sharing him...just think of all the lives he's already touched--and he's not even home yet!
I got the shoes at JCPenny...can you believe it $.97 each pair. The outfits are 5 pieces and they were
$2.97...for 5 pieces..I was so excited!!!
My postmans name doesn't fit in our family (ha) it's Craig or Greg??? (One of the two) I got the mail today and it's wasn't in there.
Remembering "God's Time",
Michelle
Can you email me a picture of Abel??? I would love to see him.
I can't wait for you!! I WISH I had brought something to help me sleep (Tylenol PM) and something for the flight home (Elijah was vomiting and then I did too :) Drammamine worked for the last flight home). Bring lots of candy to hand out at HH and Enat Alem, you won't regret that. Even something simple like balloons, it is worth the smiles. Bring something nice for Almaz, you'll wish you had. I found out first hand that she loves Chai tea. Even though you'll have a baby in your arms, play with the older kids and make them smile. They will forever change you!
Sharon
Okay here goes - we've only been home a few days but I'll tell ya what we found. :)
1. What did you wish you would have known? They only allow you to have 15 lb. carryon's on Ethiopian Air!
2. What do you wish you would have brought? Peanut butter and graham crackers.
3. What are you SO GLAD you brought? Flip Flops.
4. Did you over pack/under pack? I over packed. But I wasn't in need for anything.
5. What did you pack that you totally could have done with out? About 5 of the shirts and two pairs of jeans.
Post a Comment