We took Abel to the Doctor today. He was absolutely WONDERFUL! The Doctor and the Nurses all came out to see him. They were saying what a pretty baby he is and how smooth his skin is. It is like silk. SO SWEET! It's all those "spa treatments" he got at Hannah's Hope. They are so good to the babies (and children) there. I will forever be grateful to All God's Children, Hannah's Hope, Almaz, the Special Mothers... all of those who take EXCELLENT CARE of these children!
Abel weighs 14 lbs (even though that scale looks like it's 13-something).

He is 24 inches long.
He is right at average for everything... height, weight and head circumference. But in looks and personality.... ABOVE AVERAGE! (am I a proud momma or what??)
Keeping the baby warm while he waits to for the Doctor.
She said he looks great! Next, we have to go and have test run at Children's Hospital. They have to do all the tests that are normally done when a baby is born. Since Abel didn't have those done, we have to do them all. So, we are going to do that next week. Back to the Dr. in 6 weeks for more shots. Poor guy. He got 3 shots today and he cried so hard. I held him and he immediately calmed down and just let me love on him. I was heart broken hearing him cry over the shots.
This shirt says "Hi, I'm new here."... how cute is that? Thank you to Kay Lusby and her mom for this cute onesie. I actually saw it at Target and wanted it... so I was excited to get it from you guys. Do you see his mohawk?
Thanks to Aunt Charli who kept Avery, Aidan and Addie. They were so concerned about their baby brother getting shots. Addie sent a stuffed puppy dog for Abel. They all were giving their love to him when we were done. What sweet siblings...
Here is a picture I took of the 4 of them today.




13 comments:
I think you get the "Cutest Blogger" Award!!!! I LOVE all your darling updates. You are one in love new momma!!!!!!!
-Suzi
So glad the doctor visit was encouraging! Yippee! I bet his weight was good b/c he had just enjoyed a wonderful bottle feeding before he headed to the doctor?! :)
Oh my goodness that boy has grown!!! I am just loving all the pictures:) He was just a little peanut when we were there and now look at him!!! (love the hair!)
Much love! Julia
He is sooooo cute! You are a very busy mommy!
He is adorable and you are a happy and proud mommy. I don't blame you.
He is so beautiful!!! Praising God you are home with your precious boy.
Emily (waiting on Guatemala)
I almost bought that cutie shirt! Now that I see how cute it is on that cute little baby...I might need to get it for sure... :)
What a sweetie!!!
Tracie-
Looking at little Abel and hearing how well you all are doing brings tears to my eyes. I am so happy for you. Thanks for sharing your "stories."
Traci
Congratulations... he's beautiful. I love his little mohawk-curl :)
(from an impacient mama to be- STILL doing home study)
umm yeah all I really have to say is HE MELTS MY HEART!!!
So glad to hear he is healthy!
This is So exciting. Oh man, this makes me so happy.
Tracie, I also took Dene this week to the doctors and also for those screenings at the hospital. A note so this doesn't happen to you: ASK FOR A BABY EXPERT ON THE BLOOD DRAW! Denekew got poked numerous times by 2 different techs in 2different labs! And still didn't get a draw.... I was NOT happy. Neither was Denekew! (We have to go back and do it another time, Oh, joy!) -Jen
Post a Comment