Our lives were forever changed.
This is the gate of Hannah's Hope. There are gates like this all over Ethiopia. They usually are in front of houses, hotels and orphanages. This is Almaz (such an incredible woman who is the in country director for All God's Children) knocking at the gate. This was our first time walking into Hannah's Hope and behind this door...
We met our Tesfaye Abel for the first time. When we arrived he was napping out in the warm sun. I didn't want to wake him up. I ran over to see my friend, Julie's little girl, Maya. She was getting all lathered up for her daily tanning session (haha).
I then heard Ted say "Trace, he's awake"
So many people asked me what I felt. Did I cry?
It was the most peaceful reality. It was like our dreams of this baby were coming true and we were taking it all in...
We stayed for a while at Hannah's Hope. We met the beautiful kids. We held babies. We played soccer. We experienced LOVE AND JOY! and "HOPE" Tesfaye means HOPE! By the way, it's pronounced Tes-fI-e (short e). We were saying it wrong. We love his name and the meaning behind it. Others would say to us it means "He has a future". How amazing!









14 comments:
Love the pictures... keep them coming friend!
You look absolutely beautiful! You're glowing!! What a happy day that was. Thanks for sharing your story. :)
xoxox
-Suzi
We are so happy for you!!! I agree with Suzi you are glowing.... :) He is the most handsome lil' guy! You have a perfect family picture!!!I hope the pictures keep coming!!!How was the airplane ride with a baby? Is there and advice you would give to others when preparing to go to Ethiopia? What to take, what they need anything and everything, when you get a chance to get caought back up with life I know your world is upside down right now!!!Can't wait to hear more about your family and all the transitions!
I love seeing the gate to HH. I wonder what I will feel like standing outside of it waiting to see our child. I also agree with the other ladies....you really are glowing!
Can't wait for more!
Michelle
Thank you for sharing your story. I can't wait to hear more. I am loving it. Hopefully soon I will be writing mine.
you are glowing! i cant get over it! everyone keeps telling me how gorgeous u look! (including my mom and Kelly!!!!) did i tell u i booked my ticket to Cali!
and one more thing! You look so much like your mom!!!!!
Thanks for still finding time to post. Love the pics!
Great pics!!!! I love that they lay the babies out in the sun.... that is so fun!!! Good vitamin D!!
I am in love with your story! I've been gone for the weekend and I feel like I've missed so much. First of all, welcome home! Abel is beautiful and you and your husband look beautiful holding him! Thank you for sharing your story and allowing us to share in your joy! I am thrilled for you and your family. Praying for a some sleep for you!
Kristin
UHG!! I LOVE these pics of you guys...it makes me SO excited for the day when we pick up Malak!!
Another Welcome Home from me! It's wonderful to see you as a family!
Tracie, you and Ted have such joy and wonder on your faces as you are gazing at your precious son. I am so glad the Lord has blessed both you and him. I can't wait to watch him grow, albeit online, I am excited to see him grow.
Happy photos! It brings back so many life-changing memories, too. What an amazing journey, huh? Finally reaching those gates feels like finishing mile 26 in a marathon, doesn't it? And, what a joy to see photos our your beautiful little Abel, too! He's such a prince!
Post a Comment