Yes, we will be leaving in 2 hours. But it's just the beginning of a 24 hour journey. Today we go to the airport (2 hours early), then we fly to DC and then tonight at 8pm we board ET Air and head to Africa!
Tomorrow (Sunday) at noon East Coast Time we will be arriving in ET. It will be 8pm their time. We have visas to get and then after packing up we'll head to our hotel (union) and go to sleep. When you wake up on Monday WE WILL HAVE ALREADY MET OUR SON. We will meet him at 1am East Coast Time... 9am ET time.
We'll be heading back at 10pm on Thursday ET time (2pm EST) and be back on Friday at 2pm at Typson McGee airport here in KNOXVILLE :-)
Thank you guys so much for your love and support! I so dig my blog friends and can't believe I am going to get to meet several of you at the blog union this August in CALIFORNIA (I have never been before). (julie... book your ticket). To all of my Knoxville friends, I am BLOWN AWAY by your excitement and love for this little boy. To all of my out of town friends, you guys have been so sweet... the calls, the texts, the e-mails!
We reached our final goal with Life International and we were also given money and have every bit of debt paid for.
"The Lord has done great things for us... and we are FILLED WITH JOY!" Psalm 126:3
Here's a little sneak peek
Saturday, February 16, 2008
FINAL COUNTDOWN
Posted by A Team at 6:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




20 comments:
Oh my gosh, he is sooooo beautiful! I am so excited for you, I can hardly stand it. Safe travels and God bless.
I cannot wait to see pics of your precious little family!!
Praise God!!!! I'm so excited for you guys. I have butterflies in my stomach! I can't wait to hear and see more!
Michelle
I am so happy right now- thinking about you holding Abel for the first time, and soaking in all of the smells of Ethiopia. Know that we will be praying for your trip, for the kids at home and for that sweet baby boy that has already touched many lives!
I love you!
have a great trip! if you have a long lay over in d.c. on your way back.... call me!!!! we live 5min. from the airport!
PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SO excited for you!!!! I can't wait to see pictures of the whole Ancelet crew! Praying for a peaceful trip to Ethiopia and a wonderful reunion with your sweet son. Praying you out my friend! And yes - Blog Union - here we come! Can't wait!
YEA! Have a wonderful, wonderful trip! I can hardly WAIT to see photos! Blessings and a big HUG!
You are ON YOUR WAY! Hooray!
Can't wait to see pictures of you all TOGETHER!
I am crying reading this post. I remember the feeling that washes over you when you know you are only hours away. With Braeden, I kept closing my eyes and opening them again to PROVE that it was real.
I am SO beyond happy for you.
Megan
Good Luck on your trip!!! Abel is abosolutely gorgeous. God Bless Him.
God Bless....
Praying for you!! I cannot wait to see that little bundle of sweetness in your arms!!!
Lindsey
I know you're already on your way, but I've been praying for you and the other families traveling today. Abel is SO gorgeous and I know meeting him will be amazing. I'm thrilled for you!
Kristin
Can't wait to hear from you!!!!
I can't believe it!!! Can't wait to see some pics.
Have a great trip!!!!
Ok... I turn my back on the blogging world for just a couple of days and then ALL OF A SUDDEN- you are traveling to meet your beautiful son! Congratulations! May you be blessed on your trip and may Abel feel and love the warmth of your arms quickly.
He's adorable! Prayers for a safe trip!
We are so happy for you. Cherish your time at Hannah's Hope and in Ethiopia....we miss it already. We can't wait to see pics of your babe!! God Bless You.
AWESOME! I am so happy for you! I can't wait to hear about your trip; all the DOs and DONTs and see pictures of course! You are probably holding your beautiful son right now...eeeek! I have goosebumps! Praying you home safely:)
Congrats!!! I am so happy for you. I get so excited when I see people are traveling. It is almost as exciting as when we were traveling!! It was THE coolest experience ever. Hope you guys have a safe, healthy time there!
Post a Comment