Saturday, February 23, 2008

Day 4

On day 4 (since I stopped here) this was our schedule...

We ate breakfast at the hotel. This place has GREAT FOOD. We paid our bill (I braced myself but it wasn't that bad). It was sad to say good bye to the staff. Those ladies were precious.
We went over to Hannah's Hope that morning for our paper work to go home meeting.
We left Hannah's Hope and went to Enat Alam. There are two locations for this orphange. I saw were our little Tesfaye 's (that's his first name :-) crib there was. He was only there for 3 weeks. I cried so hard when I saw his crib. I was overwhelmed with the realization of our little guy's story. I kept saying "Thank you Lord". Thanking God for the gift of Tesfaye Abel. People would say to us "He's so lucky" and I would say "no, we are so lucky" God has blessed us by piecing this story together in such a way that we could not have come up with the details of how this dream came true!

We went to this art gallery place for lunch. We bought such a cool piece of art. I will post a picture of it later.

Then we went back to the hotel, packed up and rested, went to Hannah's Hope one last time. Then came back and loaded up for the airport.

So this is what I am going to do about pictures... I am just gonna write posts every day or so and explain pictures and let them tell the story. I've already done the "big points" so I will fill in some little ones with pictures.
Does that sound alright?

I can't tell you the support I have felt from you my blogger friends and to those of you who have loved us through this. Our homecoming was better than I ever dreamed!!! And the love I feel from those in our lives is simply amazing.

Much Love,
Tracie

10 comments:

Avery and Savannah said...

Welcome Home, Welcome Home!!! I am so happy you are back- I missed you terribly:) I loved getting to hear a few details and can't wait to hear more. Keep the pictures coming- I know we will soak it all in with you!!

Abel is amazing!

Signed in as Avery- but it is me!

Braedensmommy said...

I am so happy for your family, Tracie! Abel is beautiful. I love all of the stories of your trip!!
Megan

Michael and Michelle said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to blog and share this amazing journey! This is GREAT! Abel looks breath taking and sweet! How old and big is he now??
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and Welcome Home. You are right he is lucky but you are lucky too, having the opportunity to have this beautiful baby as your son. Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I will like to hear a little bit about your packing, electric problems and how do you communicate with your love one.

Nicholas said...

I can't wait to see your pictures... I know exactly how you feel about being thanked - I feel the same way (and we haven't even been there yet)!

demp5 said...

That boy is SO gorgeous!! I can not wait to meet and hold him (you better share!) I am so thrilled for you guys I could bust.
Meghan

Erica said...

Welcome Home!!! I'm so happy for you. Abel is ADORABLE! SO SO sweet. I love reading about your trip. I'm still writing.....your ahead of me. Its a lot to take in, I so get the tears. Just so happy your home.

Jocelyn said...

Welcome home!! Abel is so beautiful and looks so happy!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that you had a wonderful experince. HH ET is such a wonderful place huh. I can't wait to see more pictures and hear the "stories." Abel is so handsome and looks and sounds like he is going to fit right in.

Traci

Tim & Michelle said...

Welcome home, its been exciting all week to follow your story! I'm so glad you are all home safely and now the family God meant for you to be!

Congrats!
Michelle in Ohio