Tuesday, February 12, 2008

HAPPY SHOWER DAY! (or Night)

What a FUN NIGHT! It started with Julie and I going and sharing lettuce wraps at PF Changs. Then some friends had a little "celebrate Abel" gathering. So sweet!

Cindy made a precious cake! BEAUTIFUL... and it taste as good as it looks!
(Thank you Cindy)





The Table was SO PRETTY! Loved the decorations! and the balloons... So FUN!




------
Julie was my photographer... JULIE... I laughed SO HARD when I looked through the pictures you took. WOW... some weird faces made tonight! All those weird faces... MINE! :-)



My good friend, Robin, prayed the sweetest prayer about/for Abel. It blessed my heart! Thank you Robin.

Africa is very dear to Robin's heart as well... she has been there and has some cool decorations! She made this table look very festive!


I have too many pictures to share so I am just gonna post a few :-)
Here it goes...
My friend, Jocelyn sat right next to me and she said "I don't want to be in every single picture... because I know they are going on your blog". I'm just putting this one Jocelyn and YES... you are in a TON OF THE PICS (but they look funny of both of us :-) I just want to send a little HELLO to Jocelyn's friend Meg. Jocelyn told me she has a friend that reads my blog ... HEY MEG! We are friends on facebook too... fun stuff! haha HEY MEG! (have I said that already?)



OK... so this is the story of the night... My friend, Emily, had a baby on Feb. 1. She came tonight with her precious baby Cooper. Anyway, when Emily had her baby (just 11 days ago), I went to see her in the hospital. I was telling her that when I had Avery and Aidan, one of my favorite things was the mesh panties. YES, I said it "MESH PANTIES". I had c-sections with all three babies. After I had Avery, I called the hospital and said "Can I get another pair?" and the nurse said "They are $18" and I said "Never mind!". Then when I had Addison... NO MESH PANTIES! ?! WHAT??? I was so sad about that. Well, in my gift tonight... my buddy Emily brought me YES... YOU GUESSED IT ... MESH PANTIES from her hospital stay. UN-USED! I hope she doesn't get billed for those (because 7 years ago they were $18 ... now they are probably ... who knows!)



These things STRETCH OUT!



My buddy Emily... she keeps me laughing!

10 comments:

emily said...

Ok, we find yet another! Mesh panties- loved those things. Most comfy undies ever. Hilarious:) Not sure how we would have ever figured that out without your shower.

The Redman's said...

OHHH-- What a fun time you had!!! I'm just so excited for you! I can't believe that you're leaving in 4 days!!!!!! I'll be stalking your blog all day, every day hoping for the picture of the most gorgeous baby boy in YOUR arms!!! Blessings to you, my sweet friend!!!

xoxox
-Suzi

Coming to Amharica said...

What fun! You crack me up! This weekend you leave...can't believe it! Finally, you'll be with Abel. Hope you get the chance to give "you know who" a few hugs and kissed ;)

Dee Dee

Bloggin' Robin said...

Wow! You captured the night so well! We will be rpaying for all of you - fervently and frequently! What a blessing to know you will finally meet your precious child!

Rebecca said...

I don't even understand the need for mesh panties...and, I'm kind of ok with that :)

The baby shower looks beautiful! How fun!

Amy said...

Looks like a great time with great friends and great gifts!

You are almost leaving for Addis Ababa!!! Ahh!

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

SO MUCH FUN.....I am laughing about the mesh panties. Are you going to where them the day you pick up Abel??!! Just kidding.

Love,
Lindsey

~Laura~ said...

Oh how I loved my mesh panties. I will admit it...I kept mine for much longer that I should :embarassed: I washed them until they fell apart. :) HA!

Kimberly Baggett said...

Okay...I am so glad there is a "mesh panties society" because I thought I was the only one who loved those things! My husband called them my "Spiderman panties"...is that too much info?!

So excited for you to meet little Abel! What a wonderful gift!

Teabo Chica said...

Traci- BY far my favorite thing MESH undies...okay I stole them from the hospital with my first...yes stole!! :) I loved them too! What wonderful friends you have, you are blessed!