Tuesday, February 19, 2008

HE HAS A MOHAWK!

HERE IS A POST FROM TRACIE! WE GOT TO TALK THRU EMAIL FOR A FEW MINUTES! SHE SOUNDS GREAT! ENJOY READING! LOVE, JULIE!

I wish I could post a picture but the way that Abel's hair just naturally has grown in is just like a mohawk... HE IS PRECIOUS!

We are wiped out today. Here are bullet points of what we've done

Yesterday
-paper work
-Hannah's Hope to meet Abel
-lunch at the hotel
-shopping
-ate dinner at the Gold Club (very interesting food :-)

Today
-Breakfast
-Hannah's Hope to see the kids (got tons of pictures and Julie, I FOUND MAYA'S TICKLE SPOT). Gave our donations to Almaz... it was so fun to go through all of them. I had the most touching moment with a 12 year old girl... one that will be in my heart forever!
-Lunch
-Embassy appointment (WENT WELL - WE ARE APPROVED TO GO BACK TO THE STATES)
-Enat Alam orphanage... WOW! I fell in love with some children there!
-NOW... back at the hotel. We were suppose to go out to Ethiopian dinner but are gonna do it tomorrow night.. too much in one day.

Ted is going to the Mother Teresa house tomorrow. I am going to stay with Abel at the hotel. I also plan on going back to Hannah's Hope... I want to spend at much time there as I can.

MUCH LOVE TO ALL OF YOU.
We are blown away by this BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY. Ted and I so many times have just had to stop to take in the beauty with a tear in our eye. The people are so warm and so GORGEOUS!

Maybe I will blog again tomorrow :-)

16 comments:

Nicholas said...

I love getting these little updates! You are a great friend to do this for her!

Michael and Michelle said...

It sound like an amazing time! Thanks so much for taking the time to share all of this with us!
Michelle

The Gresham Clan said...

I love hearing how you're doing. Know we are praying for you! Thank you for sharing!
Kristin

emily said...

Yay!! Thank you Julie for posting these:) I love hearing about their time in Ethiopia.

LISA said...

Thanks so much for the update! Can't wait to see Abel's hair!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your experience with us

John and Heather said...

AWESOME! Thank you for taking the time to keep us updated:)

Teabo Chica said...

Oh cant wait to hear all about your awesome adventure at HH and this story with the 12 year old girl....hummm. Praying for you and your time there Traci,
XOXO

~Laura~ said...

Thanks for these little updates. Sounds like things are going well. Can't wait to see pics.

demp5 said...

Tracie,
it seems to be going so well! I am so excited for y'all. Praying that the rest of our time will go smoothly and flight home will be a breeze~
Meghan

Zach and Erin Kennedy said...

I love reading the updates. I can't wait to see pictures of this little guy! We are praying for you guys.

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

So glad you keep posting! Are the children just precious. The whole country will just steal your heart. Part of mine is still there.
smiles,
jen in MI

Coming to Amharica said...

Oh thank you Tracie for including us as you meet Abel for the first time!!!

Bloggin' Robin said...

Hoping to see Able's "mohawk" at the airport when you come home. I'll be there if the kids get well before then - right now I have three down with the flu! Whew! Oh, we have been praying and so thankful to see God is faithful to answer the many prayers being lifted on your behalf!

Laurzie said...

Awesome awesome awesome! I'm so glad it's going well, that the Embassy appointment went without a hitch, that your precious Abel is with his mommy and daddy. Blessings!

Drew Carey Show said...

So exciting to read about! We have so many pictures from Enat Alem. I wonder if you fell in love with some of the same people. What an extraordinary journey! Can't wait to read more and see more pics. XOXO