Ok here goes..
DAY 3
Here's what we did yesterday
-had breakfast - SO GOOD IN THE UNION HOTEL
-Ted went to sisters of mercy orphange and played with the kids who are mentally and physically challenged. he said it was amazing to be there with them and that a touch to them is like the best gift ever. he played with them and loved on them.
-I went to hannah's hope. that place is so full of life. i honestly have never seen anything like it. for those of you that have kids there... know that they are in the BEST, LOVING care. i get goose bumps thinking about hannah's hope. I LOVE IT THERE. I watched the kids play. I played soccer with some of the kids. I have taken picture for everyone that asked. The sizes of clothes are hard to get because they sometimes wear things that are too small. and flip flops... it is hard to tell what size with those and crocs as well. But i have pictures. LOTS OF PICTURES.
-we had lunch at the Kaldie Cafe (just like a starbucks)
- we went shopping again... SO FUN.
-we got showered and went to a traditional ethiopian meal and saw the most amazing dancing. I love this culture. they are beautiful ... both inside and out. ted and i had a BLAST last night at dinner. one of our favorite moments of LIFE. we just delighted in those around us and enjoyed our son's heritage food. it was our first time to eat it (i know, i am a slacker) all i can say is YUMMY!!!!!
-we came home and packed up our room
-i found a soul mate friend here... her name is Rosa. she works here at the hotel and i absolutely love her. we hit it off. i am gonna send pictures and a gift back with julie for her. i told her i wanted her to come to the US for a visit but she said it is so hard. she has pretty good english. we are going to e-mail. LOVE ME SOME ROSA.
We went to sleep and we had a power outage... JULIE... bring light sticks... you can get them at wal-mart for 88cents. it is pretty common and i couldn't e-mail last night either.
So we are leaving on a jet plane tonight. i am so excited so see our other 3 but I will miss ethiopia with all my heart
------
BLOG THAT :)
How thankful are WE for the love our kids are getting all the way in Ethiopia! Its amazing to me! How AMAZING hearing what Tracie did every day, how she loved on our kids and what she and Ted felt! I want to hear more and more and more! Okay enjoy this post guys as i KNOW u will be taking in every single word!!!
BLOG THAT :)
How thankful are WE for the love our kids are getting all the way in Ethiopia! Its amazing to me! How AMAZING hearing what Tracie did every day, how she loved on our kids and what she and Ted felt! I want to hear more and more and more! Okay enjoy this post guys as i KNOW u will be taking in every single word!!!




12 comments:
Oh, I have tears! I can't wait to hear more when you are home; thank you so much for sharing with us on your blessed filled week. It has been truly AWESOME:) I have looked forward to it each day. A big thank you to Julie for posting it. You both are too sweet! Praying you home safely to the wonderful arms of your children, family and friends!!
God Bless!
Ahh, where did that line go about Baby S being well-fed?? I loved it! We might break the bank on formula and food when we get him, and I can't wait!! Tracie, thank you sooooo much for staying in touch. I am so excited to go to Ethiopia....I can't wait to fall in love with that place like you have.
Safe travels home!!
Dee Dee
Can't wait t see pics!
Oh dear friend - I love every ounce of what you, Ted and Abel have done this week! Your words radiate with joy!! I can't wait to meet little Abel and see all the beautiful pictures you took. We will be praying for you all on your travels back -- Big hugs and love from Waco!
That you very much for sharing your experience with us. I can't wait to hear more. Thanks Julie for making this possible.
I look forward to hearing even more about it and seeing pictures!!
I am so glad that God brought all of us to AGCI!!! Thank you for letting us know that the children at HH are "loved" As a mom, that gives me some peace knowing even though my child will be half way around the world, God has placed "special mothers" at HH to love these children!!
Thank you for taking the time to share this amazing part of your life with all of us!
Michelle (still waiting on FDL)
Tracie, Ted and baby Abel praying for your union with your family at home. I bet it will be a wonderful union! Cant wait to hear about it all.
Can't wait to hear you are home. Right now you are flying back and it should be around midnight ET time! Oh I can remember it all so well! Now you too will know what we mean when we say you've left a piece of our hearts in Ethiopia! I STILL can cry over leaving that wonderful country!
Talk soon!
smiles,
jen
We are so excited!! Can't wait to see you, Ted and Abel! What a blessing! hey, why don't you have us all over for a true Ethiopian meal?!? It sounds like your trip has been perfect! I am so happy for you! Your joy is contagious! Love you!
Thank you so much for sharing your experience and heart Tracie! I am amazed at all that has happened and the heart you have for Ethiopia. You have made me even more excited about going to Ethiopia! Praying for your flight home and reunion with your children. Blessings Tracie!
Kristin
I've been thinking about you guys all day today!!! I can't wait to see pictures and hear even more about Ethiopia!!! I bed you are loving on all four of your children. Your family is finally together!!! Yeah!!
Can't wait to hear and see more,
Michelle
Post a Comment