Saturday, February 2, 2008

The FIRST thing that I am packing...

So I haven't started packing WHAT SO EVER! but wanted to show you guys the very first thing I am sticking in my bag. This precious night gown for Abel. My friend, Lisa, let me borrow some baby boy clothes and I just took a few 0-3 month items because I thought he'd be bigger than that... I think he will be but the size they put on our update for clothes size was 0-3 months... SO LITTLE. So, I get to bring this night gown. I love it!



Just wanted to share!



(Click on the picture so you can see it better... SO CUTE!)


Several people have asked me how my kids are doing and what they think. They are all excited! The little ones are pretty oblivious to exactly what's going on. Aidan thought for a while every time we got in the car we were going to get Abel. Avery is the one that is most aware... she sees all we are doing to prepare for him and she has asked me if I did that much to get ready for them. She is 7 and she is taking it all in. But she is REALLY excited about him. When we got our travel call, she screamed with excitement and then said "Aidan! Addie! Mom and Dad are leaving to go get Abel NOW!"... so sweet... they don't get waiting.
I think it will impact Addie the most. She loves being the baby of the family. I have talked with her about how things will change and she said "I know Mommy". She'll be 4 on Valentine's Day. She tells people about her baby brother Abel all the time.

Here's the best big brother ever! He seriously is PUMPED about teaching this little guy ALL he knows.

9 comments:

The Redman's said...

You're kids are going to have so much fun welcoming sweet Abel into the family! What a wonderful experience it will be for the whole family! Enjoy it all!

-Suzi

emily said...

Oh that Kissy, Kissy stuff if yummy!! I can't wait to see my sweet friend holding Abel in that gown:) You are going to Ethiopia soooo soon-- breath it all in for me sister.

Have a wonderful weekend. I hope your tea comes soon:)

Coming to Amharica said...

I love that your kids think that you are going to pick up Abel all the time. Too cute! I CANNOT believe that you are traveling soon...seriously can't believe it. That must be so wonderful!
DeeDee

Michael and Michelle said...

Your son (the big brother) is so cute!! How old are all your kids??
I can't believe you are leaving soon. It has been a blast following your journey so far....the best is yet to come!!!
Praise God,
Michelle

Erica said...

LOVE the Kissy Kissy Night gown! SO SWEET!

Happy packing!!! Its tiring for sure! I'm almost done!!

You are going to have your sweet boy in your arms SO SOON!!!! Praying for peace and a calm during the crazy last few weeks!

Pryaing for Addie too - we have that here as well. :)

Tracey said...

Congrats. The moment you hold your son for the first time is indescribable. Have a wonderful trip! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

How exciting!!! Enjoy this wonderful experience with your family. I can't wait to hear from you.

Anonymous said...

Tracie! Can't wait to see Abel in that darling nightgown when we're in Ethiopia! I can't wait to meet you in person! :) I know Abel and Ro-Baby are such buddies! I'll talk to you soon!
Molly :)

Chelsea Bergeron said...

That is too cute!