Monday, February 25, 2008

So much to blog about!

I have so much to blog about... so I am just putting several things in this one post.

So... here are some FIRSTS

Charlotte and I gave sweet Abel a bath on Saturday morning. He loves his baths. I didn't take pictures of him getting a bath in Ethiopia but he always digs a good bath!




His first time in the car seat was actually on the way home from the hospital.. I mean, airport :-)



But after our first night at home, Charlotte and I took him for his first outting. To Babies R Us... and guess who we ran into...




JULIE BEELER and HER MOM!

Actually we knew they were going to be there. I planned on going at some point and when Julie told me her and her mom were going, we decided to meet them there. Her mom had never seen sweet Abel (only in pictures). I mean, he had only been in the US for like 18 hours.
We didn't take a picture but we went to Moes for lunch and then we went to the Christian book store (where I was asked if I was baby sitting Abel).

Good day of firsts!


So moving on to something else I think is just stinkin' CUTE!


When the Lord led us to adopt from Ethiopia, we went out and got baby dolls for the girls. Of course we got us some beautiful brown babies. Well, Addie went and got the doll and put it right next to Abel. Kinda freaky how much it looks like him huh?





Of course, Abel is MUCH MUCH CUTER than the doll!
This little girl is pretty crazy about her little brother. I was worried about how she would handle it but she can't get enough of him. It could just be the honey moon stage but I will take it! They are delighting SO MUCH in this precious babe! I loved this picture!
ok... until later! This is like scrap booking for me. Can I get this blogger stuff printed in book form? What an incredible thing if Blogger would do that... right?

15 comments:

Kelly Stockwell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly Stockwell said...

Jonathan's mom, from church. I am so happy for you guys! As my children told you I have been following your blog for a while and have been praying for you.
I just wanted to tell you that you can get your blog in a book form- go to www.blurb.com. It will automatically load your blog and then you can order it and have it shipped at a decent price.

Erin said...

Erin Miller, a friend of the Wheelers. You can also upload all sorts of stuff through picaboo and the software is free to use: www.picaboo.com

Enjoy!!!

Kelly Stockwell said...

Sorry for the deleted comments...I messed up my account by adding Brittney's blog. So my name is not brittybearforever... it is Lookin Up @www.stilliwillsay.blogspot.com
Love,
Kelly Stockwell (from church)

The Gresham Clan said...

He is SOOO adorable! What a blessing.
Kristin

Nicholas said...

Awesome update! He is too cute, and YOU CAN have a book made out of your "blogger" journey... Isn't that crazy??? I've been working on one (it's pretty bad) but the tools and options are AMAZING!

Check it out:
http://www.blurb.com/create/book/blogbook

Good luck! :) Lori

Anonymous said...

You are doing such a great job updating!!! LOVE IT!!

I LOVE the pic of Addie and Abel.... soo sweet.

Tracey said...

Checked your blog today and I saw the most beautiful baby! I know I am a little late, BUT WELCOME home! Abel is adorable and so happy! Congrats!

Bloggin' Robin said...

Oh my goodness! Oh he's so beautiful! It seems he is becoming part of the family very nicely! Adorable! I hope to HUG HUG HUG this munchkin so soon! Please Lord - let my children get well!

Just for Abel's online scrapbook - "Fill A Bag For A Buck - Or 10 Bags for 8 Bucks - THAT'S 80 CENTS A BAG PEOPLE - YOU CAN'T BEAT THIS BARGAIN!"

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

He is so precious....I can't get over it!! I am so excited for you.

Love,
Lindsey

Michael and Michelle said...

He really does look like the doll your girls have! That's so cute!
Michelle

Murphy Momma said...

I just had to say thanks for letting me relive our trip through your own. I would love to be back at hannah's Hope so I'll have to do it vicariously! Thanks.
Sharon

The Redman's said...

Well, I've decided that Grace is going to have to fight Maya for Abel!!! But, Abel will eventually tire of crazy Maya who he sees ALL the time and will eventually long for that older, mysterious gal, Grace, who he gets to see a few times a year when the mommy's get together!!!!!!!

I just can't get enough of his SWEET face!!!!! :)

Love, Suzi

LISA said...

He is a little doll, only cuter!!

Jeni said...

He is a beautiful baby! My husband and I just got our referral and now we're looking forward to one day bringing our baby boy home. It's fun to watch your blog. You do a great job updating!!!!