So... I am not a coffee drinker but coffee is a pretty big deal in Ethiopia. We went to the place where they roast the coffee. Ted asked to go in the back to check it out.

We left with A LOT of coffee. We got it as a "thank you" and a souvenir to all those who have cheered us on through this amazing journey! I hear it's GOOD coffee. Ok.. I WILL TRY IT SOON! (Lauri H... are you dying that I have all this coffee?)
We went shopping and to get the coffee on the first full day we were there. Our embassy appointment got moved back a day because of President's Day so plans changed a bit. It was a great day. I loved seeing the sights of Ethiopia.

Here's what Abel was doing while we were waiting for the coffee to be roasted. YES, it was roasted while we were there!




4 comments:
I'm not a huge coffee fan either (I think because it's not a huge fan of mine!) but I've heard that it's a pretty big deal in Ethiopia!
Sweet Abel sleeping!
Oh how cool! Did Lauri pay you to buy some coffee for her?? I saw their post about using up the last package :(
I love coffee, however I like weak American coffee! Even Starbucks is too strong for me....I like McDonalds coffee! I have a feeling Ethiopian coffee is the REAL DEAL and I'll have to prepare my taste buds for it.
You are such a champ....you haven't uttered a word about the LONG flight and it sounds like you and Ted stayed healthy the entire time. How did you do it??
I love every single picture of Abel that you share!!!
I can't wait to try some- Moody and I LOVE coffee!! I hear that it is the best!!
I miss you, we are coming home tomorrow!
We enjoyed our first cups of Ethiopian roast this morning - YUMMY!! I love seeing the pics from your time in Africa - I'm so very jealous! Too cool to see a bright yellow and bright orange duffle on top of the vehicle though!! Oh, I love that place!
Post a Comment